Children & Youth Ministry
"Jesus said, 'Let the children come to me and do not stop them, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.'" (Matthew 19:14)
Welcome to The Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury. Our congregation is active and growing, with many opportunities for families to worship, serve, pray, and play together. At PCAS, we partner with families to guide and nurture children and youth, providing plenty of ways to encourage kids to know and follow Jesus Christ and be faithful members of his church. "Please don't hesitate to reach out to me!
Sherri Adler - Director of Christian Education -
Nursery Care (Babies & Toddlers) Childcare is also available in our Seashore themed Nursery, where children are supervised by our trained volunteers. Our Summer hours are 9:15 am - 10:45 am and September - June, 10:15 am - 11:45 am.
Sunday school classes are from 10:30 am until 11:45 am each Sunday, unless specified otherwise, during the school year (September through June).
- A Children's Message is delivered every Sunday in the worship service. We invite our youngest disciples to come up front and join us for a special message just for them!
Growing in Grace & Gratitude Sunday School
- Children 3 years old through 5th grade meet over in the Christian Education Building right after the Children's Message.
- Classes include Bible stories, art, music, games & more! 6th thru 8th graders serve as helpers.
- The Confirmation Program at PCAS is a year-long Christian journey for 7th grade students and up. They explore their faith, learn about Presbyterian traditions, serve in mission work and grow in community with one another.
- We believe that all children should be able to participate in every aspect of the church and to grow in Christ. Every Sunday morning we offer a spiritually-based "individualized education program" to support children with physical and cognitive disabilities. Staffed with professional instructional aides and trained volunteers, our Inclusive Ministry program at PCAS is available for children 3 years old through high school. We provide Christian Education for Children on the Autism Spectrum.
- Our annual Christmas Pageant is a tradition at PCAS! Usually held in the second week of December, all the Sunday School children participate in this special worship service. We have speaking or non-speaking parts for every child and teen..
Senior High Youth Group
The Senior High Youth Group is a community where friendships are formed and faith explored! Senior High's (9th-12th grade) participate in mission projects and fund raisers where they make a difference in the lives of others. They usually meet for dinner and fellowship on Sunday evenings. Contact Libby Andia & Joe Delgado (Senior High Leaders) for more information.
Child Protection Policy
The members of The Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury are committed to the safety, welfare, and protection of all children and youth participating in the activities of the church. Our Child Protection Policy outlines our efforts to adhere to the best practices for protecting our children, church, and volunteers. Copies can be obtained from the church office.
Wouldn't it be great to be part of a caring community, where your kids could make friends, where you could find supportive mentors to give advice, and where everyone was learning and growing together? That is what you will find at the Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury. We provide trained and supported caregivers, teachers and leaders for all our programs. For more information about programs offered for children or youth, pleas email Sherri Adler - Director of Christian Ed: