The Presbyterian Church at Shrewsbury glorifies God by proclaiming the Good News of God’s redemptive love through Jesus Christ.
We are called to understand and do God’s will in a rapidly changing world through our continually expanding ministries of worship, Christian education, evangelism, fellowship, stewardship, and outreach.
We accept Christ’s call to discipleship enabling everyone to achieve spiritual growth in service to God and all people.
We are Easter people, living in community through the grace of God. It is so much more than Sunday … it is God every day.
Our PCAS Vision
To be a Light, by Living, Loving, Learning,
and Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Our PCAS Mission
To be a Light by Living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, PCAS will be a visible witness to God’s love within the church and throughout the community and world. We will live our faith by nurturing spiritual life in our daily lives. We will accept, embrace, and welcome all persons.
To be a Light by Loving the Gospel of Jesus Christ, PCAS will invite and expect God’s presence to be known among us - as we worship, as we pray, and as we embody God’s ministry of love to all we encounter, guided by the Holy Spirit.
To be a Light by Learning the Gospel of Jesus Christ, PCAS will nurture a vibrant worship, fellowship, and spiritual life, for every person, for every generation. We will stretch our faith as we study God’s Word and challenge ourselves to apply Christ’s teachings in every part of our lives.
To be a Light by Sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ, PCAS will intentionally and dynamically connect:
- with the community in which we reside, to be welcoming and inclusive, and to positively affect the lives and well-being of others
- with issues that impact the needs and aspirations of people beyond ourselves
- with people of other faith traditions, accepting without judgement those who are different from ourselves, or with whom we may disagree.
- with each other, showing respect, love, awareness, and sensitivity to both those of our faith community and to those beyond our membership
- with those who may feel called by God to join us in this bold faith adventure, as participants in our ministries, and as members of our church